2 tbsp cashew nuts
3 tbsp sesame seeds
250 g firm tofu, cut into 1 inch cubes
1 tsp cornflour
1 tsp sesame oil
1 tsp honey
5cm piece of ginger, sliced
2 spring onions
1 fresh red chilies, sliced
½ a head of broccoli florets
½ cup carrots, cuti into roundels
½ cup baby corn, cut into triangular
- Place a frying pan or wok over a high heat. Add the cashew nuts, then 30 seconds later add the sesame seeds. Toss for a further 30 seconds until golden, then tip into a bowl.
- Cut the tofu into cubes, then place in a bowl and dust with the cornflour and a pinch of sea salt and black pepper.
- Add oil to a wok and place back over a medium-high heat.
- Fry the tofu until golden and crisp, then scoop it out of the pan with a perforated spoon and set aside on a plate lined with kitchen paper. While it’s still warm, drizzle with honey and scatter over the nuts and seeds.
- Return the pan to a medium heat and add the ginger, spring onions and chillies (if using). Stir-fry for 30 seconds.
- Add vegetables and stir-fry for a further 4 minutes. Squeeze in the juice from half the lime and add a splash of soy sauce.
- Tip the vegetables into bowls, top with the crispy tofu and serve with the remaining lime wedges and some chilli sauce, if you like extra heat