2 tbsp cashew nuts
3 tbsp sesame seeds
250 g firm tofu, cut into 1 inch cubes
1 tsp cornflour
1 tsp sesame oil
1 tsp honey
5cm piece of ginger, sliced
2 spring onions
1 fresh red chilies, sliced
½ a head of broccoli florets
½ cup carrots, cuti into roundels
½ cup baby corn, cut into triangular
- Place a frying pan or wok over a high heat. Add the cashew nuts, then 30 seconds later add the sesame seeds. Toss for a further 30 seconds until golden, then tip into a bowl.
- Cut the tofu into cubes, then place in a bowl and dust with the cornflour and a pinch of sea salt and black pepper.
- Add oil to a wok and place back over a medium-high heat.
- Fry the tofu until golden and crisp, then scoop it out of the pan with a perforated spoon and set aside on a plate lined with kitchen paper. While it’s still warm, drizzle with honey and scatter over the nuts and seeds.
- Return the pan to a medium heat and add the ginger, spring onions and chillies (if using). Stir-fry for 30 seconds.
- Add vegetables and stir-fry for a further 4 minutes. Squeeze in the juice from half the lime and add a splash of soy sauce.
- Tip the vegetables into bowls, top with the crispy tofu and serve with the remaining lime wedges and some chilli sauce, if you like extra heat
AMAZON SHOP Buy utensils, kitchen accessories and appliances used in this video here - https://www.amazon.in/shop/chefranveer