2 tbsp Mustard Oil (सरसों का तेल)
2 Bay Leaves (तेज पत्ता)
¼ tsp Fenugreek Seeds (मेथी दाना)
1 tsp Fennel Seeds (सौंफ)
½ tsp Onion Seeds (कलौंजी)
1 inch Ginger – chopped (अदरक)
2-3 fresh Green Chillies – chopped (हरी मिर्च)
2 dry Red Chillies – broken in half (सुखी लाल मिर्च)
2 ½ cups Pumpkin – cut in big cubes (कद्दू)
½ tsp Turmeric Powder (हल्दी पाउडर)
½ tsp Degi Red Chilli Powder (देगी लाल मिर्च पाउडर)
¼ tsp Coriander Powder (धनिया पाउडर)
Salt to taste (नमक स्वादानुसार)
2 tbsp Jaggery (गुड)
½ tsp Dried Mango Powder (अमचूर पाउडर)
2 tbsp Coriander Leaves – chopped (धनिया पत्ता)
- In a kadai heat mustard oil and add bay leaves, fenugreek seeds, fennel seeds, onion seeds, ginger, green chillies, dry red chilli and saute for a few seconds.
- Now add pumpkin and saute for a minute then add turmeric powder, degi red chilli powder, coriander powder, some salt and mix everything properly then cover and cook for 10 minutes.
- Remove the lid and stir it once, now adjust the salt, jaggery, some water then cover and cook for 4-5 minutes.
- Remove the lid then add dried mango powder and cook for another minute.
- Now finish with coriander leaves stir it once and serve hot with puri.
Recently I started watching your vlogs and got hooked on it. I consider myself a foodie but haven’t been able to keep up my “chatora pun”. I am going to try this Banarasi Kadu and will let you know how it turns out. I have been cooking Banarasi Dum Aloo and must say that the ingredients are pretty close to that. Will let you know.
Thank you Ravi!!!!!
Thank you chef, watched the video, came back forvrecipe card!!