2 cups White Pumpkin pulp with seeds
½ cup fresh Turmeric root peels
2 tbsp Ghee
½ tsp Cumin seeds
½ tsp Fenugreek seeds
½ tsp Fennel seeds
½ tsp Onion seeds
½ tsp Mustard seeds
¼ cup Vinegar
¼ cup Jaggery
1 tsp Degi red chilli powder
¼ tsp Asafoetida
Salt to taste
⅓ cup Ghee
1 Green cardamom
1½ kg White Pumpkin, grated
150 gm fresh Turmeric root, grated
1 cup Jaggery
A pinch Salt
½ tsp crushed Black pepper
¼ tsp Dried Ginger powder
- In a pan add white pumpkin pulp with seeds, turmeric roots peels and set aside.
- Now, in another pan heat ghee and add cumin seeds, fennel seeds, fenugreek seeds, onion seeds, mustard seeds and let them crackle.
- Then add vinegar, jaggery, degi red chilli powder, asafoetida, salt and mix everything properly.
- Pour this mixture on the pumpkin pulp and cook it on medium heat for 12-15 minutes.
- Remove and let it cool down, then store in a jar and keep in the sunlight for 1 week and enjoy.
- In a kadai heat ghee and add clove, green cardamom, white pumpkin, turmeric roots and saute for 25-30 minutes.
- Now add jaggery, salt, crushed black pepper, dried ginger powder and continue cooking until everything comes together or saute for 10-12 minutes.
Serve in a plate or bowl and garnish with sliced Pista