¼ cup Semolina
¼ cup Powder sugar
1 tsp Baking powder
½ tsp Baking soda
1 ½ cup Refined flour
A pinch of cardamom powder
3 tbsp Butter
3 tbsp Oil
1 cup Salt
1 Star anise
2 Green cardamom
½ tsp Fennel seeds
¾ cup Prepared gajar halwa
5-10 Pistachios, chopped
⅓ cup Condensed milk
2 tbsp Milk
2 tbsp Curd, beaten
For Gajar Halwa
1 kg Winter carrots, grated
¼ cup Ghee
2 liter Milk
⅓ cup Sugar
4-5 Strawberry, slice
1 tbsp Sugar
½ Winter carrots, julienned
½ tsp Lemon juice
For Gajar Halwa
- Heat ghee in a kadai, add grated carrots and cook till they are soft.
- Add milk and cook on slow flame till all the milk is evaporated and then add sugar in it.
- Cook for 4 mins and switch off the flame and keep the halwa on room temperature.
For Gajar Halwa Cake
- Add 1 cup of salt and whole spices in a pressure cooker and place a wire stand in the bottom. Close the lid, and let it heat in medium-high flame.
- In a bowl, add all dry ingredients Semolina, Sugar, Baking powder, Baking soda, refined flour and cardamom powder mix it well.
- Add butter and oil in the dry mixture and mix well.
- Add Gajar halwa, pistachios, and condensed milk in dry mixture.
- Now, add milk and curd in the mixture and mix it well.
- Stick the parchment paper in the cake tin and grease it by using a little bit of butter and flour.
- Transfer the batter in the cake tin.
- Place the cake tin carefully inside the cooker using tongs and close. Adjust heat to medium-low and bake for 40-45 mins.
- Check the cake with a toothpick by poking it in the centre, if it comes out clear take the cake tin out of Cooker.
- Heat a pan add sliced strawberry, sugar and julienned carrot in it.
- Cook if for 3-4 mins and then add lemon juice in it
- Spread the compote around the cake and garnish with fresh mint leaves and dust icing sugar on it.
- The cake is ready to serve