1 tbsp Oil
1 tsp Ginger Garlic, chopped
1 tsp Cumin powder/jeera powder
1 tsp Garam masala
1 cup Yam/Suran, cooked and mashed
½ cup Daliya, cooked
¼ cup Breadcrumbs (optional), for binding
Salt to taste
2 tbsp Coriander/dhania, chopped
1 cup Cornflakes, crushed
Oil for shallow frying
2 Burger buns
2 tbsp Mayonnaise
5-6 Lettuce leaves, torn
1 Tomato, slices
- Heat oil in a pan and add in cumin seeds and garliChettinad Idlisc. Fry for a minute then add in garam masla and mix.
- Add in cooked daliya and mashed suran and mix everything. Add in breadcrumbs if required for binding.
- Make medium sized tikkis out of the prepared mixture. Crumb coat it with crushed cornflakes.
- Heat oil in a pan. Shallow fry the tikkis on both the sides until nice crispy in texture and achieves golden brown colour.
- Remove on an absorbent paper and keep aside.
- Take burger bins, slit into half. Apply mayonnaise on both the sides.
- Place the torn lettuce leaves on the base. Place tomato slice and daliya patty on it and cover it with burger top.
- Serve immediately.