To be ground to a smooth paste:
¼ cup of Green Garlic, finely chopped
1 Green Chili, finely chopped
2 tbsp Coriander, chopped
2 tsp Ginger, finely chopped
1 tbsp oil/ ghee
½ tsp Cumin/Jeera
1 stick Cinnamon/dalchini
1 cup fresh pigeon peas/ lilva
1 cup Basmati chawal, washed 3 times, soaked for 15 mins and drained.
Salt to taste
2 tsp Lime juice
2 ½ Cups of Hot water
- Heat oil in a kadhai or a pot, add cumin, cloves and cinnamon. Let the cumin splutter and get a nice light brown colour.
- Now add the ground green masala paste and sauté on a medium flame until raw smell is gone.
- Add the pigeon peas/lilva and sauté for a while. Add the soaked rice and sauté lightly, mix well.
- At this stage add 2 ½ cups of hot water and mix well. Check for seasoning, add salt to taste.
- Cover and cook the rice on a low flame. Cook for about 15-20 minutes.
- Remove from flame, garnish with a sprig of coriander and serve hot.
AMAZON SHOP Buy utensils, kitchen accessories and appliances used in this video here - https://www.amazon.in/shop/chefranveer