Meethe Chawal अनानास का मीठा ज़र्दा
Meethe Chawal, Zarda Pulao, Shadi Wala Zarda Rice, Sweet Yellow Rice or Zafrani Pulao is a simple and delicious dessert, but one that people usually face difficulty with while making. Watch this video and learn how to make the perfect Zarda pulao. Happy Cooking!
1 tbsp ghee
1 cup pineapple, cut into small cubes
1 cups Basmati Rice, soaked
A pinch of Saffron
¼ cup Ghee
2 Cardamom pods
½ cup Sugar
2 tbsp Cashew nuts, chopped
½ cup mixed dried fruits, chopped
¼ cup Mawa
- Heat ghee in a pan, add pineapple pieces and sauté it then add a little water, let it cook with closed lid for 3 to 4 minutes until tender. Keep aside until use.
- Keep a pot filled with water for boiling. Add kesar to it.
- Using boiling method, cook the rice half done. Drain off excess water and keep aside.
- Heat ghee in another pot. Add cardamom pods and cloves to it. Sauté for a minute.
- Add in 2-3 ladles of half cooked prepared rice and mix.
- Now add 1 ladle of sugar and spread it on top of the rice along with little amount of prepared pineapple.
- Cover this with another layer of rice. Repeat the same for the rest of the rice by making alternative layers of rice, pineapple and sugar.
- Do not mix it. Cover it with a lid and cook on medium flame for 7-8 minutes.
- Remove the lid. The sugar crystals will start to melt. Now gently give it a stir and cover again.
- Meanwhile in a pan, add ghee and roast chopped cashew nuts, almonds and raisins. remove and keep aside.
- Once the sugar melts completely, add in roasted nuts and mawa. Give it a stir and cook for another 5-6 minutes without covering.
- Turn off the flame and serve hot.