1 tsp oil
1 tsp mustard seeds
1 tbsp chana dal/ bengal gram
4-5 curry leaves
5-6 chashew-nuts, broken
1 medium onion, chopped
1 tsp green chilli chopped
½ cup carrots, chopped
½ cup french beans, Chopped
For Rawa Dhokla
1 cup semolina/ rawa
1 cup curd
1 cup prepared vegetable mixture
1 tsp sugar
Salt to taste
1 tsp fruit soda
Coriander leaves for garnish
Toasted sesame seeds to garnish
- Heat oil in kadhai, add mustard seeds, chana dal, cashewnuts and curry leaves. Allow to splutter.
- Add onion, green chilies and vegetables. Saute for 2-3 minutes by covering the pan. Remove and allow it to cool.
- In another bowl add vegetable mixture, rawa, curd, sugar and mix well. Keep aside for 30 minutes.
- After 30 minutes add little water to the mixture to get idli batter consistancy. Add fruit soda and mix well.
- Add this mixture to greased tin and steam it for 12-15 minutes.
- Remove from the tin, cool down and then cut into cubes.
- Garnish with sesame seeds and serve.