1cup rava or semolina
½ cup chickpea flour
2-3 medium onions chopped fine 1 cup approx
¼ cup French beans chopped fine
¼ cup carrots chopped fine
¼ green peas blanched
1 tbsp coriander leaves chopped
Salt to taste
1 tsp ginger chopped
1 tsp mustard seeds
10 – 12 curry leaves
3-4 dry red chilies
¼ tsp turmeric powder
Water as required
- In a large bowl add semolina, chickpea flour and rest of the dry ingredients. Mix everything thoroughly.
- In another pan heat oil, add ginger, mustard seeds, curry leaves, dry red chilies and turmeric powder.
- Saute and add water to this mix, boil.
- Now add this liquid to the dry mixture and mix. Adjust seasoning.
- Pour the batter in a greased tray.
- Steam the handvo in a hot steamer for 25mins .
- Remove and serve hot.