1 cup Mawa , मावा
2 tbsp Ghee , घी
¾ cup Semolina , सूजी
½ cup Cashew Nuts, chopped , काजू
½ cup Almonds, chopped , बादाम
1 cup powdered Sugar , पीसी हुए चीनी
½ tbsp Cardamom powder, इलाइची पाउडर
Oil for deep fry, तेल
2 cup All purpose flour , मैदा
3 tbsp Ghee , घी
½ tsp Salt , नमक
1 tbsp Rose Water , गुलाब जल
Water as required , पानी
- In a kadai, add mawa and roast on medium flame well till light brown in color.
- In the same kadai, add ghee, semolina and roast well.
- Add chopped almonds, cashew nuts and mix well.
- Transfer the roasted mawa into the kadai and toss well.
- Transfer the mixture into the bowl and keep it to cool. When it cools down add powdered sugar, cardamom powder and mix well and keep aside.
- In a mixing bowl, add flour, ghee, salt, rose water and water as required knead it into a stiff dough.
- Cover it with a damp cloth and leave it to rest for half an hour.
- Make a ball of the dough and roll it out into a thick round shape or cut it with a round cutter.
- Wet the edges with water and place a spoon full of filling over one half.
- Fold the other half over and press the edges together to seal.
- Make a design by pinching and twisting all along the sealed edges.
- Make all the gujiyas in this way. Heat oil in a kadai on medium flame.
- Add as many gujiyas as fit in comfortably.
- Turn them over and Fry till golden brown from all sides. Lift out on absorbent paper.