For thandai paste
15 Cashew nuts
1 ½ Melon Seeds/Magaz
1 tbsp Poppy seeds/Khuskhus
1 tbsp Fennel Seeds/Saunf
1 tbsp Peppercorn
4-5 Cardamom pods, shell removed
For spiced milk
½ ltr milk, boiled
½ tsp nutmeg powder
1 tsp cardamom powder
2 tbs sugar
200 gms mawa cake
½ cup mixed nuts, toasted and chopped (Pistachio and almonds)
2 cups whipped cream
2-3 tbs strawberry syrup
1 cup sweet boondi, for garnish
- Soak almonds, cashew nuts, pistachios, melon seeds, poppy seeds and fennel seeds in warm Water for 2-3 hours.
- Add the soaked mixture in a blender (remove skin of almond if wished), add peppercorn, cardamom and blend to a very smooth paste.
- Add this paste to whipped cream, fold in gently and refrigerate.
- To make the spiced milk, warm the milk and add nutmeg powder, cardamom powder and sugar. Mix well.
- Soak the mawa cake in this milk for 2-3 minutes.
- To assemble, take a mason jar and pour the strawberry syrup into the bottom of the jar. Add the soaked and crumbled mawa cake to it.
- Add the chopped mixed nuts. Finally layer it with the thandai whipped cream.
Garnish it with sweet boondis. Serve chilled.
AMAZON SHOP Buy utensils, kitchen accessories and appliances used in this video here - https://www.amazon.in/shop/chefranveer