< Back to Recipes
Gujiya recipe Holi Special होली वाली मावा गुजिया Gujia Mawa Filling
Mauka bhi hai, dastoor bhi. Toh leejiye Holi wali Mawa gujiya ki recipe, jo mere liye bahut khaas hai..Check below for Thandai powder recipe too :)
1 cup Mawa , मावा
2 tbsp Ghee , घी
¾ cup Semolina , सूजी
½ cup Cashew Nuts, chopped , काजू
½ cup Almonds, chopped , बादाम
1 cup powdered Sugar , पीसी हुए चीनी
½ tbsp Cardamom powder, इलाइची पाउडर
Oil for deep fry, तेल
2 cup All purpose flour , मैदा
3 tbsp Ghee , घी
½ tsp Salt , नमक
1 tbsp Rose Water , गुलाब जल
Water as required , पानी
- In a kadai, add mawa and roast on medium flame well till light brown in color.
- In the same kadai, add ghee, semolina and roast well.
- Add chopped almonds, cashew nuts and mix well.
- Transfer the roasted mawa into the kadai and toss well.
- Transfer the mixture into the bowl and keep it to cool. When it cools down add powdered sugar, cardamom powder and mix well and keep aside.
- In a mixing bowl, add flour, ghee, salt, rose water and water as required knead it into a stiff dough.
- Cover it with a damp cloth and leave it to rest for half an hour.
- Make a ball of the dough and roll it out into a thick round shape or cut it with a round cutter.
- Wet the edges with water and place a spoon full of filling over one half.
- Fold the other half over and press the edges together to seal.
- Make a design by pinching and twisting all along the sealed edges.
- Make all the gujiyas in this way. Heat oil in a kadai on medium flame.
- Add as many gujiyas as fit in comfortably.
- Turn them over and Fry till golden brown from all sides. Lift out on absorbent paper.