For Chila Batter
1 cup Gram flour/Besan
¼ tsp Turmeric powder/Haldi
¼ tsp Carom Seeds/ Ajwain
Salt to taste
1 tsp Ginger/Adrak, grated
2 tbsp Coriander leaves/Dhania, chopped
½ cup water or as required
1 tbsp Oil
4 Bread Slices
¼ Cup Green Chutney
1 small onion, finely chopped
2 tbsp coriander leaves/dhania, finely chopped
1 Small tomato, finely chopped
1 Small Capsicum, chopped
½ Cup Processed Cheese, grated
- In mixing bowl combine besan, turmeric, ajwain, salt, ginger and mix.
- Add water and whisk till a smooth batter is formed. Batter should be flowy and without lumps.
- Now pour a ladleful of batter onto a hot tawa and spread gently. Pour a tsp of oil over chilla.
- Allow to cook on medium flame. Place two slices of bread on the chilla side by side and now flip the chilla. Cook for 2 more mins and cut in half separating the 2 bread slices.
- Flip again and keep the bread side up and apply some green chutney.
- Spread the vegetables and grate some cheese. Cover with lid and let the cheese melt.
- Repeat till all the batter is used up.
- Serve hot.