Vrat wali Kheer Puri व्रत के चावल की खीर और सिंघाड़ा पूरी Festival Recipes
Simple, healthy and super delicious, try this Vrat/festival special Sama chawal kheer and Singhada Puri. Fasting is all about eating right. There's a reason why we fast during Navratri, because the 2 important Navratras occur twice a year and during season change. One should eat healthy and easy to digest food during these times. That's the reason why we have Vrat special recipes made with millets that are healthy and more nutritious than regular grains.
½ cup Barnyard Millet (समा चावल)
1 tsp Ghee (घी)
1 medium Sweet Potato – finely chopped (शकरकंदी)
500-600 ml Milk (दूध)
¼ cup Sugar (चीनी)
½ tsp Cardamom Powder (इलायची पाउडर)
For Fried Nuts
1 tbsp Ghee (घी)
10-12 Almonds (बदाम)
1 tbsp Chironji (चिरौंजी)
1 medium Potato – fine mashed (आलू)
1 cup Water Chestnut Flour (सिंघाड़े का आटा)
Sendha Namak to taste (सेंधा नमक स्वादानुसार)
1-2 tbsp Water (पानी)
Oil for frying (तलने के लिए तेल)
- Heat a pot or kadai on medium heat and add barnyard millet and saute for a minute.
- Then add some ghee and saute until fragrant now add chopped sweet potato and continue sauteing for 2-3 minutes on medium heat.
- Add the milk and let it cook completely or until thickened.
- Once thickened properly add some more milk then bring it to a boil and add sugar, let it cook for another 2-3 minutes.
- Now finish it with cardamom powder, fried nuts, mix and switch off the flames.
For Fried Nuts
- In a small pan heat ghee and add almonds, let them fry for half a minute then add the chironji, continue frying for another half minute.
- Remove and keep aside for further use.
- In a bowl add finely mashed potato, water chestnut flour, sendha namak and knead it properly.
- Now sprinkle some water and knead it into a soft dough. Keep aside for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile heat oil on medium heat for frying.
- Then take a small portion from the dough and then using the palm of your hand flatten it out by applying some ghee.
- Repeat this for all of the dough and deep fry them in medium hot oil until golden brown and crispy.
- Serve hot with kheer