1 Cup Sama Rice/Vrat ke chawal
½ Cup Curd, beaten
1 tbsp Desiccated Coconut
½ tsp lemon juice
1 tsp Cumin seeds
½ tsp Citric Acid
½ tsp Baking powder
½ tsp Fruit Soda (Eno)
Sendha namak, to taste
For Coconut Chutney
1 Cup Coconut, grated
3 Green Chilies
1 tsp Jeera/Cumin Seeds
5-8 Curry leaves
Salt to taste
- Rinse and soak the rice in water for 2-3 hours. Afterwards drain the water.
- Add soaked rice, curd, desiccated coconut, lemon juice, citric acid and salt to the food or and grind to a fine batter.
- Grease the idli plate with oil.
- Just before pouring the batter, add cumin seeds, fruit soda and baking powder and mix well.
- Pour the batter in idli moulds and steam in the steamer for 7-8 mins.
- Meanwhile, in a food or, add coconut, salt and green chilies grind till fine paste.
- Heat a tadka pan, add oil. When it is hot, add jeera and curry leaves, when they splutter pour it on the prepared chutney.
- Remove the idlis from the moulds when cool. Serve with coconut green chutney.
AMAZON SHOP Buy utensils, kitchen accessories and appliances used in this video here - https://www.amazon.in/shop/chefranveer