1 Cup Sama Rice/Vrat ke chawal
½ Cup Curd, beaten
1 tbsp Desiccated Coconut
½ tsp lemon juice
1 tsp Cumin seeds
½ tsp Citric Acid
½ tsp Baking powder
½ tsp Fruit Soda (Eno)
Sendha namak, to taste
For Coconut Chutney
1 Cup Coconut, grated
3 Green Chilies
1 tsp Jeera/Cumin Seeds
5-8 Curry leaves
Salt to taste
- Rinse and soak the rice in water for 2-3 hours. Afterwards drain the water.
- Add soaked rice, curd, desiccated coconut, lemon juice, citric acid, salt and grind to a fine batter.
- Grease the idli plate with oil.
- Just before pouring the batter, add cumin seeds, fruit soda, baking powder and mix well.
- Pour the batter in idli moulds and steam in the steamer for 7-8 mins.
- For the chutney, add coconut, salt, green chilies and grind into a fine paste.
- Heat a pan and add oil. When it is hot, add cumin seeds and curry leaves. When they splutter, pour it on the prepared chutney.
- Remove the idlis from the moulds when they’re cooled down. Serve with coconut green chutney.