1 Egg, अंडा
½ tbsp Fish Sauce, फिश सॉस
1 tsp Chilli sauce, चिली सॉस
1 tbsp Spring onion, chopped, प्याज़ पत्ता
Salt to taste, नमक स्वादानुसार
Oil for frying, तेल
Steamed rice, स्टीम राइस
Sriracha sauce or ketchup
- Heat oil in a frying pan over medium-high heat.
- Crack an egg into a bowl. Add fish sauce, chilli sauce, spring onion, salt to taste and beat together with a fork.
- Check if the oil is lightly smoking hot. You should be able to see a bit of smoke coming up from it. Or you could test by dipping a chopstick into the egg mixture and then into the oil. If it sizzles, that means it’s ready. You can then pour the egg mixture into the center of the pan and fry for about 1 minute or until golden. If unsure, use a spatula to lift one edge up to
- Once one side is golden and the egg mixture holds together, flip the egg with a spatula and fry the other side for another minute or until golden.
- Turn off the heat and serve the Thai omelette on a bed of warm steamed rice with Sriracha sauce or ketchup and enjoy!