For the Stock
Prawn Shells, Onions, Celery
3 sticks Lemon Grass, chopped
¼ cup Fresh Coriander roots, chopped
¼ cup Galangal, peeled & sliced
4 Kaffir Lime leaves, hand torn
2 tbsp Tamarind pulp
2 tbsp Palm Sugar
6 Prawns Grade A, shelled, deveined & cut into small slices
40 gms Fish, cut in small dices
2 Red Chillies, thinly sliced
1 tbsp Fish Sauce
Fresh Coriander leaves
Fresh Basil leaves
1 Lime Juice
For Chilli Crabs
2 tsp Chilli Oil
2 Garlic Cloves, chopped
1 inch-Ginger, chopped
1 Red Chillies, chopped
1 Crab, cleaned, claws and legs removed
1 tsp fish sauce
1 tbsp Tomato Sauce
2 tbsp Sweet Chilli Sauce
1 tbsp Palm Sugar
⅓ cup Coriander leaves, chopped
For the Stock:
- In a stock pot,add onions and saute till translucent.
- Then add celery and prawn shells. cook for another minute.
- Now add lemongrass, coriander roots, galangal, kaffir lime leaves, tamarind pulp and red chillies. Saute for a minute.
- Add 2 litres of water and boil it for 15-20 minutes on low flame.
- In the end add prawns and fish, cook it for 5-10 minutes.
- Add fish sauce and palm sugar. Switch off the flame.
- Add fresh basil leaves, coriander leaves and lime juice.
- Keep aside for further use.
For Chilli Crabs:
- Heat chilli oil in a wok/kadhai
- Add garlic, red chillies, ginger and cook till raw smell goes off.
- Add crab, crab claws and crab legs. Cook for 4-5 minutes.
- Add tomato sauce, fish sauce, sweet chilli sauces and palm sugar.
- Cook the crab through.
- Add the Coriander leaves and spring onions, mix well.