2 cups Rajma, soaked overnight
Salt to taste
Water to boil
1 tbsp ghee
1 tsp cumin seeds
1 tbsp ginger garlic, coarsely ground
3 large onions, chopped/ grated
Salt to taste
1 tsp turmeric powder
1 tsp red chilli powder
1 tsp coriander powder
1 tsp garam masala
3 large tomatoes, paste
- Add a pinch of salt to the over night soaked rajma, add water and required and boil them in a pressure cooker for 3-4 whistles.
- Meanwhile prepare the masala, heat ghee in a pan.
- Add cumin seeds and saute for a minute. Add coarsely ground ginger garlic and saute till fragrant.
- Add onions and saute till they turn brown. Add salt, turmeric powder, red chilli powder, coriander powder and garam masala. Mix well.
- Saute for 3-4 minutes. Add tomatoes, mix well and saute till they start leaving their oil.
- Meanwhile, drain the rajma and reserve the water.
- Add the boiled rajma to the prepared masala and saute for 3-4 minutes.
- Add the reserved water as required, mix well and simmer on medium flame for 4-5 minutes.
- Garnish with ginger julienne and coriander sprig.
- Serve hot with rice.
Loved this video because it showed amazing love between mom and son but much expressed by the son 🙂 Moms are amazing ,mine is in India 🙁 ……….and am sure as my son grows he will be the doting son that you are to your mom !
Best recipe , I keep watching it .
True fan RB. And loved the recipe. Loved the mom son bonding too