Preparation time 7-8 hrs
Cooking time 30 mins
1 cup Rajma (red kidney beans)- Soaked over-night, drained & rinsed
½ cup tomato puree
1 onion, finely chopped
5 to 6 tablespoons curd, whisked
1 bay leaf
Oil as required
A pinch of asafetida
1 tsp cumin seeds
1 tsp ginger powder
1 tsp ginger paste
½ tbsp coriander powder
1 tbsp kashmiri chilli powder
1 slit green chili
1/2 tsp garam masala(1 black cardamom, 5 green cardamom, 4 ½ tsp peppercorn, 2 pcs cinnamon)dry roasted and powdered.
Salt to taste
1 tbsp coriander leaves, finely chopped
- Add rinsed rajma, 1 bay leaf and required salt into a pressure cooker with 2 to 3 cups of water. After the first whistle then reduce the flame and cook for another 15 minutes then remove from flame.
- Drain the water from the beans and keep the water aside for later use.
- Heat oil in a wide pan, add cumin seeds and asafoetida.
- Then add finely chopped onion and saute them till they becomes light brown in colour. Add ginger paste and dry ginger powder.
- Now add tomato puree and cook it for about 5 to 8 minutes.
- After that, add the whisked curd and keep stirring or else it will curdle. Cook till the oil separates from the gravy.
- Now add red kashmiri chilli powder, coriander powder, slit green chili and salt required.
- Add the rajma and the water (which we retained from the boiled rajmas)
- Mash some of the rajma to give the gravy a body.
- Stir it and let it cook for 15 to 20 minutes on low flame. Add homemade fresh garam masala and let it cook for 5 more minutes.
- Once it is done, garnish with chopped coriander leaves and it is ready to be served.
AMAZON SHOP Buy utensils, kitchen accessories and appliances used in this video here - https://www.amazon.in/shop/chefranveer