10-12 turmeric leaves
1 cup water
1 tsp ghee
Salt a pinch
1 cup rice flour
½ Cup Jaggery, crumbled
1 Cup Fresh Coconut, grated
½ tsp Cardamom Powder
- Rinse the turmeric leaves with water and pat dry with a cloth. Keep aside.
- For stuffing, heat pan on medium flame. Add coconut and saute for 2mins.
- Now add jaggery and cook till it melts for about 5 minutes. Lastly add cardamom powder, mix and turn off the flame.
- To prepare the rice dough, heat one cup water. Add salt and ghee to it.
- Once the water comes to a boil, add rice flour and mix quickly with a spoon in one direction.
- The rice mixture will look lumpy, cover it and cook for a minute. Switch off the flame.
- Remove the mixture and start kneading while it is still hot. Don’t let the mixture cool down, knead well making sure there are no lumps.
- Now take turmeric leaves and apply little ghee on them.
- Take some prepared rice dough in your hand and apply them on the turmeric leaves all over. Repeat the same with the rest of leaves.
- Place a scoop of coconut-jaggery stuffing over one side of the leaf. Now close or wrap them with the other side of the leaf, ensuring that it seals properly.
- Place them on a steamer plate and steam them for 10 minutes, when they are ready room will be filled with nice aroma.
- Take the out and peel off the leaves. Drizzle some ghee and serve hot.