450 gms Cauliflower
100 gms Green chillies
450 gms Carrots
100 gmas green Mango
100 gms Lemons
200 gms Turnips
100 gms Karonda
50 gms Ginger
50 gms Turmeric powder
50 gms Deggi mirch powder
1/3 cup White vinegar
150 – 200 gms Pickling Salt
2 cups Mustard oil
150 gms Mustard seeds
50 gms Fennel seeds
50 gms Fenugreek seeds
- In a large pan, heat the mustard oil till it reaches smoking point then let it cool down completely.
- Wash all the vegetables well. Then spread them out to dry on a kitchen towel.
- When completely dry, peel and chop vegetables. Cut cauliflower into large florets, Dice green chillies, cut the carrots into long finger thick batons.
- Chop green mango, lemons into eight pieces each, cut turnips into wedges.
- Chop ginger into Juliennes and combine in a large dry clean mixing bowl with the Karonda.
- In another pan, dry roast the mustard, fennel and fenugreek seeds individually.
- Then cool and grind together to a powder.
- Add the turmeric and chilli powder and pulse a little more to combine.
- Add the spice mix to the prepped vegetables along with the oil & vinegar.
- Mix thoroughly so that the spice mixture is evenly coating the vegetables.
- Transfer pickle to a sterilised, cean dry pickle jar, close lid & shake well.
- Keep the jar in the sun for 5-6 days shaking daily in the morning & evening.
- The pickle should be ready in 1 week.