8 medium tomatoes
3 tbsps Oil
1 Bay leaf
1 Cup Onion, chopped
Salt to taste
1 ½ tbsp Ginger garlic paste
¾ Cup Cashew nuts
1 tsp Turmeric Powder
1 tbsp Red chili powder
1 tsp Coriander powder
750 gms Chicken, cut in 1 inch cubes
1 tbsp Kasuri Methi
2 tsps Garam Masala
- Make incision on tomatoes and drop them in boiling water for a minute or two.
- Remove them with the help of a perforated spoon in a bowl with cold water in it. Peel the tomatoes and de seed them.
- Once the tomatoes have cooled down, grind them to a fine paste and keep aside.
- Heat oil in a pan, add cardamom, cloves, bay leaf and peppercorn. Sauté till fragrant.
- Add onion and cook till translucent. Add salt and ginger garlic paste, sauté for a few seconds.
- Add cashew nuts, turmeric powder, red chili powder, coriander powder and sauté for few more seconds.
- Switch off the flame and let it cool down. Mix prepared tomato puree with onion mixture and blend everything to a fine sauce.
- Return this prepared gravy to the pan and turn the flame to medium high.
- Add chicken, kasuri methi and garam masala powder, mix everything well.
- Cover and cook till chicken is tender and fully done.
AMAZON SHOP Buy utensils, kitchen accessories and appliances used in this video here - https://www.amazon.in/shop/chefranveer