1 tbsp Oil
2 Small Eggplants, chopped
4-5 Lady Fingers, chopped
½ Cup Cauliflower Florets
1 Small Potato, peeled & chopped
1 Medium Bunch Spinach, cleaned & chopped
1 Small Bunch Sorrel Leaves/Khatti Palak, cleaned & chopped
Few Dill Leaves/Shepu, cleaned & chopped
2 Medium Onions, chopped
2 Green Chilies, chopped
1 -inch Ginger, chopped
¾ Cup Split Bengal Gram/ Channa Dal, soaked & drained
2 tsp Coriander Powder
½ tsp Turmeric Powder
Salt, to taste
1 tsp Oil
½ tsp Cumin Seeds
2 Dry Red Chilies, broken
5-6 Garlic Cloves, sliced
- For bhaji, heat oil in a pressure cooker. Saute eggplants, lady fingers, cauliflower, potatoes for few minutes.
- Add all green leaves and saute for further few minutes.
- Now add rest of the ingredients and mix well. Add half cup of water and cover with lid and cook until 3-4 whistles.
- Remove the lid and mash everything well.
- Now for tempering, in a pan heat oil. Add cumin seeds, red chilies and saute.
- Now add garlic and saute till garlic is brown.
- Pour this tempering over the prepared bhaji and mix.
- Serve hot with rice.