For the Keema
1 tsp Oil
4-5 Garlic, crushed
½ cup Onions, finely chopped
1 Carrot, diced
500 gms Lamb Mince
1 tbsp Tomato Puree
1 tsp Thyme Leaves
¼ cup Stock
1 tsp Worcestershire Sauce
¼ cup Peas
Salt to taste
1 tsp Black Pepper
1 tsp Red Chilli Flakes
1 tbsp Coriander leaves
Thyme Sprigs to garnish
For Mashed Potatoes
2 Potatoes, diced
1 egg yolk
Salt to taste
1 tbsp Butter
¼ cup Fresh Cream
- In a heavy bottom pan, fill water and add potatoes to boil until mash consistency.
- Heat oil in a pan, add oil, crushed garlic and cook until raw smell goes off.
- Add onions and cook until translucent. Then add carrots and cook for another minute.
- Now add lamb mince, break it through and cook till half done (keep stiring in between).
- To avoid any lumps, mash the keema very lightly with the help of a potato masher.
- Then add tomato puree, thyme leaves and stock, give it nice stir.
- Add Worcestershire sauce and peas, let it cook for another 2 minutes or until moisture releases.
- Then add salt, black pepper, chilli flakes and coriander leaves, give it a last mix and keep aside for further use.
- Now drain the water from the potatoes and mash them with the help of a potato masher.
- Add egg yolk and immediately mix it well.
- Then add salt and butter and give it a good mix until smooth.
- Then add cream and give it a last mix.
- Pour the mashed potatoes in a piping bag and keep aside for further use.
- Now pour the lamb mince in a bowl and swirl the mashed potatoes on top of it.
- Bake in a preheated oven for around 30-35 minutes at 180-200*C or until potatoes turn golden.
- Garnish with thyme sprig and roasted udad dal papad.
AMAZON SHOP Buy utensils, kitchen accessories and appliances used in this video here - https://www.amazon.in/shop/chefranveer