½ cup water
1 tin condensed milk
1 litre full fat milk
7-8 dates, seedless and chopped
3-4 green cardamoms, crushed
½ cup sugar
¼ cup ghee
2 tbsp chironji
¼ cup golden raisins
7-8 pistachios, sliced
8-10 almonds, sliced
8-10 cashews, chopped
1 cup whole wheat vermicelli (seviyan), crushed
¼ cup dessicated coconut
Chopped nuts, for garnish
Saffron, for garnish
- Add water in a pressure cooker and immerse a tin of condensed milk in it.
- Cover and cook for 2 whistles on medium flame.
- Meanwhile, heat milk in a deep-bottomed heavy kadhai. Add dates and cook till it begins to change its color and reduces.
- Add in crushed cardamom pods, allow to cook on simmer for 3-4 minutes and add in sugar, stir until the sugar begins to melt in.
- Add the cooked condensed milk, mix well and cook till the milk begins to thicken.
- Heat 2 tbsp ghee in another pan, add in chironji and roast till fragrant.
- Add in raisins, pistachios, almonds and cashews. Roast till they begin to turn slightly brown.
- Add in the seviyan and begin to roast till they turn brown.
- Add in dessicated coconut and roast till fragrant.
- Add in the seviyan and dry fruit mixture to the milk, mix well and cook till it comes to boil and thickens.
- Garnish with dry fruits and saffron, serve hot.
“Sometimes simple appears complicated and Sheer Khurma is no exception”. With Due respect, no Sir Authentic Sheer khurma is complicated not for chef. As per my mom basically from Maharashtra authentic sheer khurma do not complete without soaking. please do not add dry fruits without soaking or blanching it. Almonds, pistachios nuts always soak overnight for best results, peel and slice them with help of sarota/Adkitta/betel nut cutter now its dry fruits cutter and then proceed for drying them under fan for 2 to 3days. However, as per her it is made by boiling fresh buffalo milk, (which gives it a rich and creamy texture) for 2/3 hrs until it turns creamish in color. Once the ghee heats up, add peeled nuts almonds, pistachios, charoli, kaju until it turns golden in colour & dried dates (no dedicated coconut) take out from pan. Roast sevayi (vermicelli) until it change its colour in the same pan baki sab thik hai sir.