½ cup water
1 tin condensed milk
1 litre full fat milk
7-8 dates, seedless and chopped
3-4 green cardamoms, crushed
½ cup sugar
¼ cup ghee
2 tbsp chironji
¼ cup golden raisins
7-8 pistachios, sliced
8-10 almonds, sliced
8-10 cashews, chopped
1 cup whole wheat vermicelli (seviyan), crushed
¼ cup dessicated coconut
Chopped nuts, for garnish
Saffron, for garnish
- Add water in a pressure cooker and immerse a tin of condensed milk in it.
- Cover and cook for 2 whistles on medium flame.
- Meanwhile, heat milk in a deep-bottomed heavy kadhai. Add dates and cook till it begins to change its color and reduces.
- Add in crushed cardamom pods, allow to cook on simmer for 3-4 minutes and add in sugar, stir until the sugar begins to melt in.
- Add the cooked condensed milk, mix well and cook till the milk begins to thicken.
- Heat 2 tbsp ghee in another pan, add in chironji and roast till fragrant.
- Add in raisins, pistachios, almonds and cashews. Roast till they begin to turn slightly brown.
- Add in the seviyan and begin to roast till they turn brown.
- Add in dessicated coconut and roast till fragrant.
- Add in the seviyan and dry fruit mixture to the milk, mix well and cook till it comes to boil and thickens.
- Garnish with dry fruits and saffron, serve hot.