1 cup Sama Rice, washed, soaked and drained
1 tbsp Ghee
½ tsp Cumin seeds
1 fresh red chillies, chopped
2-3 tbsp Peanuts
½ cup sweet potato, cut into cubes
Sendha namak to taste
3 cups Water
2 tbsp Yogurt, beaten
- Heat ghee in a pot.
- Add in cumin seeds and green chilli and fry for a minute.
- Now add peanuts and purple yam. Sauté for a couple of minutes.
- Add sama rice and sauté it along with the masalas for 2-3 minutes.
- Now pour in water and season with sendha namak. Give it a nice stir.
- Cover with a lid and let it cook for 15-20 minutes.
- Keep stirring the khichdi occasionally.
- Once the rice fluffs up and is cooked completely, check for its consistency.
- If it is very firm then add in 1 cup of boiling water and further cook for 4-5 minutes.
- Lastly add whipped yogurt and mix.
- Garnish the khichdi with coriander leaves and serve.