250 gms lady finger/ bhindi
¼ tsp turmeric powder
½ tsp red chilli powder
½ tsp coriander powder
½ tsp cumin powder
½ tsp garam masala powder
½ tsp dry mango powder
½ tsp chaat masala
¼ cup gram flour
Salt to taste
Oil for frying
- Wash the bhindi completely and wipe them dry with paper towel.
- Slice them into one by 4 vertically.
- Sprinkle turmeric powder, chilli powder, coriander powder, cumin powder, garam masala powder, dry mango powder, chaat masala powder and salt on bhindi one by one.
- Mix the bhindi well with these masalas. Sprinkle gram flour on top on the bhindi and make sure the bhindi is well coated with the gram flour.
- Marinate the bhindi with this spice mix for an hour.
- Heat sufficient oil in a kadhai to deep-fry the bhindi.
- Fry the bhindi till crisp and golden brown.
- Drain the excess oil on an absorbent paper.
- Sprinkle chaat masala and serve hot.
Note: Kurkuri Bhindi can be served as it is or even with a bowl of curd and some rotis on side.