3 tbsp Ghee
4 Green Cardamoms
300 grams Carrots grated
300 ml Water
4 tbsp Jaggery
Roasted Almond, Cashews, Melon Seeds, Raisins and Saffron- for Garnish
- In a pan, heat the ghee. Peel the cardamoms and add the seeds to the ghee then add the grated carrot.
- Cook on low heat, stirring occasionally.
- In a separate pan, make syrup with the jaggery and water. Cook till the syrup is slightly thickened.
- Once the carrots have softened a little, add the sugar syrup and bring to a boil. Cook till the carrots are soft and mushy but syrupy.
- Garnish with roasted almond, cashews, melon seeds, raisins and saffron.
Mitha is eaten with rice or puturoos.
Note: Mitha can be made with grated carrots, grated or finely cubed potatoes, cooked rice or boondi.