Chhena Poda without oven छेना पोडा बनाने का आसान तरीका Indian Cheesecake
One of the classic desserts that's truly a treasure in its own right. Chhena Poda is one of those 'miracle' recipes that were accidentally invented. For all of you, here's my special treat. The much-awaited Chhena Poda recipe, how I learnt it...
1 cup Salt, नमक
2 ltr Milk , दूध
1 Lemon, juice, नींबू का रस
½ cup Sugar, चीनी
1 tsp Green cardamom powder, हरी इलायची पाउडर
8-10 Cashewnut, chopped, काजू
5-6 Almonds, chopped, बादाम
6-8 Pistachios, blanched, chopped, पिस्ता
2 tbsp Semolina, रवा
A pinch of baking soda, बेकिंग सोडा
½ tp Oil, तेल
1 tbsp Remaining chenna water, छेना का पानी
A pinch of salt, नमक
Sal leaves, साल के पत्ते
- In a large sauce pot, add milk and bring it to boil.
- Add lime juice. Keep on stirring and you will see the milk getting curdled.
- Onces the milk gets curdled, pour the curdled milk into a bowl lined with a thin cotton napkin or muslin cloth.
- Gently squeeze out the remaining whey from it. Keep the remaining whey for further use.
- In a parat or bowl, add the prepared chenna crumble and mash slightly, making sure the texture is uniform.
- Add sugar, green cardamom powder and mix well until the sugar melts completely.
- Add all dry fruits, semolina and mix it well.
- In a small bowl mix oil and baking soda together, transfer it into a parat and mix it well.
- Add little remaining whey water and prepare a smooth cake batter consistency.
- Preheat the oven at 200° C.
- Grease a cake mould with oil. Place the sal leaves into the cake mould.
- Pour the chenna poda mixture into the mould and tap twice. Cover the mould with a lid
- Bake in the preheated oven for 1 hour or 50 minutes in the pressure cooker.
- Bake chena poda till the top crust gets a dark golden color.
- Remove from the oven once done.
- Then check with a bamboo skewer or toothpick and it should be clean. There should be no sticky batter on the toothpick.
- Let the chenna poda cool completely in the pan. Then remove it.
- Cut into pieces. Transfer into a serving plate and serve.