- ½ cup bajara (black millet)- soaked for 8 hours and drained
- ¼ cup yellow moong dal (split yellow gram), washed and drained
- ¼ cup tur dal/ split red gram, washed and drained
- salt to taste
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 tsp cumin seeds (jeera)
- ½ tsp asafetida (hing)
- ¼ tsp turmeric powder (haldi)
- 1-2 green chilli, finely chopped
- Combine the bajra, moong dal, tur dal, salt and 2 cups of water in a pressure cooker mix well and pressure cook for 4 whistles.
- Allow the steam to escape before opening the lid. Keep aside.
- Heat the ghee in a deep non-stick pan and add the cumin seeds.
- When the seeds crackle, add the asafetida, green chili and turmeric powder and sauté on a medium flame for a few seconds.
- Add the cooked bajra-moong dal mixture and little salt, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 to 3 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Serve immediately.