1 Cup Whole Wheat Flour
¼ Cup Rava/Semolina
½ tsp Cardamom Powder
Salt, a pinch
½ tsp Baking Powder
½ Cup Ghee* see note
½ Cup Powdered Sugar
7-8 Almonds , halves
- Start beating ghee with electric beater or with your hands.
- Add in powdered sugar and beat it along with ghee until it form a nice fluffy mixture.
- Once it is nice and fluffy, add wheat flour, rava, cardamom powder, salt and baking powder. Start kneading it.
- Knead into soft dough. Divide in equal portions. Roll and make smooth balls.
- Line a baking tray with butter paper. Place the balls on the tray and flatten them.
- Place a piece of almond and press on the top.
- Bake the nankatai in a preheated oven at 180⁰c for 15-20mins.
- Remove from the oven. Cool them down and serve.
Note: You can use ¼ cup ghee and ¼ cup Vansapati (Dalda).