1 tbsp oil
1 bay leaf
1 inch cinnamon
1 tsp cumin seeds
½ tbsp ginger garlic paste
4 medium tomatoes, make puree
¼ tsp turmeric powder
½ tsp red chili powder
½ tsp coriander powder
1 ½ cups hot water/ vegetable stock
½ tsp Black pepper, crushed
Salt to taste
1 tbsp coriander, finely chopped with its stems
- Heat oil in a pan, add bay leaf, cinnamon and cumin seeds, sauté till fragrant.
- Add in the ginger garlic paste and saute for a minute to it’s raw aroma goes away
- Then add pureed tomatoes and simmer for 4-5 minutes on low flame.
- Add turmeric powder, red chilli powder and coriander powder, mix well and cook for 1-2 minutes.
- Add hot water, mix well and cook on simmer till it boils.
- Add salt and black pepper powder, mix well. Finish with chopped coriander and serve hot.
- Coriander stems helps to enhance flavors.
- Better if you pound the paste into mortar pestle for better flavour
AMAZON SHOP Buy utensils, kitchen accessories and appliances used in this video here - https://www.amazon.in/shop/chefranveer