½ Cup Soya Granules
1 tbsp Oil
½ tsp Cumin Seeds/Jeera
1 -inch Cinnamon Stick/Dalchini
2 Cardamom Pods/Elachi
1 Large Onion, finely chopped
2 tsp Ginger Garlic Paste
½ Cup Carrot, chopped
½ Cup Green Peas
¼ tsp Turmeric Powder/Haldi
½ tsp Red Chili Powder/Deghi Mirchi
½ tsp Coriander Powder/Dhania Powder
½ tsp Cumin Powder/Jeera Powder
1 Cup Basmati Rice, washed & soaked
2 Cups Hot Water
Salt, to taste
2 tbsp Fresh Coriander, chopped
- Soak the soya granules in hot water for 10 mins. Drain the water and keep the granules aside.
- Heat oil in a pot. Stir fry the whole spices and add onions. Saute the onion till translucent.
- Stir in ginger garlic paste and saute till aromatic. Add vegetables, soya granules and stir fry for 2mins.
- Add powdered spices and saute for few seconds. Add soaked rice and mix well.
- Add hot water and season with salt. Cook for 3-5mins on high flame and then lower the flame, cover and cook till all the water is absorbed.
- Garnish with coriander and serve hot.
AMAZON SHOP Buy utensils, kitchen accessories and appliances used in this video here - https://www.amazon.in/shop/chefranveer