< Back to Recipes
Sev Tamatar ki Sabji सेव टमाटर की सब्जी ढाबा स्टाइल Sev Tamatar nu shaak
One of the simplest and super delicious dish from Kathiawadi cuisine is Sev Tamatar ki sabji. It's a perfect example of creating magical dishes with minimal ingredients available.
2-3 tbsp Ghee, घी
1 tsp Mustard seeds, सरसों के बीज
4 large Tomato, roughly chopped, टमाटर
½ inch Ginger, chopped, अदरक
5-10 Curry leaves, कड़ी पत्ता
2 Green chilli, chopped, हरी मिर्च
¼ tsp Asafoetida, हींग
1 ½ tsp Degi red chilli powder, देगी लाल मिर्च पाउडर
½ tsp Turmeric powder, हल्दी पाउडर
1 cup fresh Tomato, puree, टमाटर प्यूरी
1 tbsp Ghee, घी
¼ cup Water, पानी
Salt to taste, नमक स्वादानुसार
2-3 tbsp Jaggery, गुड़
Ratlami sev, रतलामी सेव
- In a kadai, add ghee onces it’s hot, add mustard seeds let it splutter.
- Add ginger, green chilli, curry leaves and saute well.
- Add asafoetida, degi red chilli powder, turmeric powder and saute well.
- Add chopped tomato and toss well.
- Add tomato puree and mix everything well.
- Cook for 10-15 minutes, add water, salt to taste, ghee, jaggery and mix it well.
- Garnish it with ratlami sev and serve hot.
My wife has been having to work a lot more over the last few years and I have been working remote from home. This gives me more time to do some household chores. This recipe was AMAZING. I’m not a cook or chef by any means but my wife loved this so much saying it reminded her of how she used to have it in India. Thank you Chef.