< Back to Recipes
Lahori Chicken Curry चिकन लाहोरी Spicy Chicken Curry
For all of you Chicken lovers patiently waiting for my next recipe, here's a special one, a recipe I learnt ages ago in the US.
Small Whole Chicken, (with skin cut into medium size pieces)
Salt to taste
1 tbsp Oil
½ inch Cinnamon stick
1 Bay leaf
2-4 Black peppercorns
2 Green cardamom
2 medium size Onion, chopped
2 tbsp Ghee
1 tbsp Ginger Garlic paste
2 tbsp Coriander powder
1 tbsp Degi red chilli powder
1 tsp Turmeric powder
¼ cup Water
1 cup Tomato puree
2-3 tbsp Curd, beaten
Green chilli, julienne
- In a bowl add chicken pieces with skin, salt and mix it properly then keep aside for further use.
- In a kadai heat oil then add cinnamon sticks, bay leaf, cloves, black pepper cons, green cardamom, onion and saute until light brown.
- Now add the marinated chicken and saute until light golden brown then add ghee, ginger-garlic paste, coriander powder, degi red chilli powder, turmeric powder and saute for a minute then add some water.
- Now cover and cook the chicken at least 70% then add the tomato puree saute for a minute then again cover and cook until the oil starts coming out.
- Remove the lid, stir it once and add curd saute for a minute then again cover and cook until the oil starts separating out.
- Remove the lid and mix everything properly then serve hot in a serving bowl and garnish with ginger julienned, green chilli julienned, coriander leaves.
Thank you for this Easy Chicken Recipe Ranveer! I’ve made it so many times and it’s always so delicious.