1 tbsp ginger-green chilli paste
2 Cup Katti Chaas/ Sour Buttermilk
1 ¼ Cup Sama Chawal/Barnyard Millet, rinsed
¼ tsp Oil, for greasing
Salt, to taste
2 tsp Lemon Juice
1 tsp Fruit Salt
2 tsp Oil
2 Green Chilli, slit
Few Curry Leaves
1 tbsp Sugar
¼ Cup Water
- Make a fine paste of ginger and green chillies using little water. Keep aside.
- Heat a pot on low flame. Add buttermilk and warm it up for 40-50 s
- In a mixing bowl, add sama chawal and pour warm buttermilk over it. Give a nice mix and rest for 2-3 hours, preferably overnight.
- Heat water in steamer. Grease a cake tin or steel plate with oil
- Add ginger-green chilli paste and sendha namak to the batter and mix nicely.
- Lastly add lemon juice, fruit salt and mix well. Pour this batter in the greased plate or cake tin.
- Place this tin in the steamer and cover with the lid.
- Steam for 12-15 mins. Turn off the flame and remove. Let it rest for 10 mins.
- Now make the tempering. Heat oil in a pan.
- Add green chillies, curry leaves and let them splutter. Now carefully pour in water, add sugar, give it a nice mix and turn off the flame.
- Pour this hot tempering on the dhokla, let it sit for 5 mins. Cut into desired shape and serve.