2 tbsp yellow moong dal, soaked overnight
2 tbsp chana dal, soaked overnight
½ cucumber, peeled and diced
⅓ fresh coconut, grated
1 ginger, finely chopped
1 green chilli, finely chopped
2 tbsp fresh coriander
2 carrots, grated
1 tbsp lime juice
Salt to taste
2 tsp coconut oil
1 tsp mustard seeds
1 dried red chilli, split into 3
8 fresh curry leaves
Pinch of Asafoetida
- Heat coconut oil in a pan, add mustard seeds, red chillies and curry leaves.
- Saute till fragrant, add asafoetida, cook for a few seconds.
- Remove from flame and set aside till in use.
- Wash the soaked yellow moong dal and chana dal, pat dry.
- Add the dal to a bowl along with cucumber, coconut, ginger, garlic, green chilli, fresh coriander, carrot, lime juice and salt.
- Mix well, pour the prepared tempering over it, toss and serve cold.
AMAZON SHOP Buy utensils, kitchen accessories and appliances used in this video here - https://www.amazon.in/shop/chefranveer