4 chopped red onions
4-5 tbsp malt vinegar
1 slit green chilli
4 chicken legs
For Chicken Marinade
½ tsp black peppercorns
½ stick cinnamon
1 tsp cumin seeds
1 heaped tsp coriander seeds
1 inch ginger
7-8 cloves of garlic
4 slit green chillies
Few mint leaves
1 tsp turmeric powder
Salt to taste
½ tsp jaggery
½ lime (juice)
2 tbsp ghee
- In a bowl put the chopped onions and 1 green chilli in a bowl with the malt vinegar and keep aside.
- Make slits on the chicken legs.
- Dry roast the spices for the chicken marinade in a pan
- Put the spices in a mixer jar and grind into a nice powder.
- Dry roast the ginger, garlic and green chillies.
- Mix this along with the powder and grind into a nice paste.
- Add some mint leaves, jaggery and juice of 1/2 a lime to this spice paste.
- Pour a few teaspoons of ghee onto the chicken and rub in the marinade. Refrigerate the marinated chicken for 2 hours. Bring the chicken to room temperature and season well.
- Heat a tava with some oil and sear the chicken on a high flame till nicely coloured, and then lower the flame and let the chicken cook till it’s nice tender and juicy.
- Baste the chicken with the left over marinate and ghee to keep it moist and tender.
- Serve hot along with sliced masala onions and lemon wedges.
AMAZON SHOP Buy utensils, kitchen accessories and appliances used in this video here - https://www.amazon.in/shop/chefranveer