Preparation Time: 10mins (rice soaking for 30 mins)
Cooking Time: 50mins
¼ Cup Basmati Brown Rice
2 Cups Full-fat Milk
½ Cup Sugar
1 tsp Cardamom Powder
For Chocolate Truffle
¾ Cup Dark Chocolate, finely Chopped
¾ Cup Fresh Cream
1 tbsp Butter
Few Salty Crackers, crushed
- Rinse and soak the brown rice for 30mins.
- Heat milk in a pot and bring it to a boil.
- In another pot, add 4 Cups of water and bring it to a boil. Add the soaked rice and cook it till ¼ done. Drain the water and add rice to the milk. Cook on medium flame till the rice is cooked.
- Add sugar and cardamom powder and cook for 3-4 mins.
- Remove from flame and keep the kheer aside to cool. Once it’s cooled to room temperature, refrigerate till we prepare the chocolate truffle.
- For chocolate truffle, heat cream on low flame till bubbles form around the edges of the pot. Bring it to a light boil.
- Switch off the flame. Add chocolate and whisk till there are no lumps. Let cool to room temperature. Then refrigerate for 10 mins.
- To serve, take shot glasses and add crushed salty crackers at the bottom of the glass.
- Follow up with some chocolate truffle. For the last layer pour kheer.
- Sprinkle some cocoa powder and garnish with chocolate cigars. Serve chilled.
AMAZON SHOP Buy utensils, kitchen accessories and appliances used in this video here - https://www.amazon.in/shop/chefranveer