½ cup Moong dal, soaked and drained
2 tbsp Ghee
1 cup Water
1 cup Coconut milk
¾ cup Jaggery
A pinch of Salt
1 tsp Cardamom powder
1 tbsp Ghee
¼ cup cashew nuts, ghee roasted
- Heat jaggery in a pan. Add 2 tbsp of water and start melting the jaggery.
- Once it melts completely, strain it. Keep warm till in use.
- Heat ghee in a pot. Roast the moong dal and mix. Roast until it slightly changes its colour and becomes aromatic.
- Now pour in water and coconut milk and mix. Keep stirring the dal and let it cook completely.
- Once the dal cooks completely mash it using the back side of the ladle.
- Lower the flame and pour in the prepared jaggery chasni. Whisk continuously while pouring.
- Let this mixture come to a boil. Then add in salt and cardamom powder. Mix well. Let it further cook for 5 minutes. Turn off the flame.
- Pour in ghee and cover with a lid. Let it rest for 5-7 minutes.
- Mix and serve warm garnished with roasted cashew nuts.