2 tbsp Ghee
1 tsp Cumin Seeds
1 cup Tovar Dal
¼ cups Moong Dal
2 tbsp Split Masoor Dal
4-5 cups Water
Salt to taste
¼ tsp Turmeric Powder
¼ tsp Red Chilli Powder
For Dulhan Dough
1 cups Whole Wheat Flour
¼ cups Ragi/ Nachni Flour
Salt to taste
Water as Required
2 tsp Ghee
2 Degi Mirch/ Kashmiri Red Chilli
Pinch of Asafoetida
¼ tsp Kashmiri Red Chilli Powder
- In a saucepot, add ghee, cumin seeds, tovar dal, moong dal, split masoor dal mix well. Add water, salt to taste, turmeric powder, red chilli powder mix well and let it cook.
- For Dulhan
- In a mixing bowl, add Whole wheat flour, ragi flour, salt to taste and water need the dough well and keep it aside.
- Divide the dough into small balls and roll each into small pooris.
- Alternatively,make the rounds by rolling the dough into a big circle and cutting out small rounds using a small bowl or glass.
- To shape the dumpling, lift opposite sides and bring together at the centre, then lift the other two ends and bring it to the centre, giving it a flower-like shape.
- The hollow shape of the flowers allows the dal to enter the dumpling and become delightfully chewy.
- After the dal is cooked, Gently lower the dumplings in.
- Simmer the dal for another 10-12 minutes on medium flame, until the dumplings are cooked through.
- For tempering
- In a pan, add Ghee, degi mirch, asafoetida, kashmiri red chilli saute well. Add the tadka to the dal.
- Serve hot.
AMAZON SHOP Buy utensils, kitchen accessories and appliances used in this video here - https://www.amazon.in/shop/chefranveer