For the Paste
1 medium onion, finely chopped
1 cup black eyed peas, soaked
Salt to taste
1 tsp red chilli powder
2 tbsp plain flour
2-3 garlic cloves
1 tsp baking soda
Oil for deep frying
For the Sauce
1 tbsp oil
2-3 garlic cloves, crushed
1 tbsp ginger, finely chopped
1 medium onion, sliced
10-12 prawns, deveined and shelled
1 cup tomato, finely chopped
1 cup tomato Puree
Salt to taste
1 tsp coriander leaves, finely chopped
Coriander sprig and lemon wedge for garnish
Red chilli to sprinkle
- In a blender, add onions, black eyed peas, salt, red chilli powder, plain flour, garlic cloves and baking soda, blend everything to a course paste, keep aside till in use.
- For the sauce, heat oil in a pan, a dd crushed garlic, ginger and onions, cook until raw smell goes off.
- Add prawns and toss for a minute.
- Add tomatoes, tomato puree and salt, mix everything well and let it boil for a minute.
- Remove the pan from stove, add coriander leaves and chillies, keep aside.
- Heat oil in a pan, take the paste, make dollop with the help of a spoon and deep fry until golden brown and crisp.
- Drain on absorbent paper.
- Add the prepared sauce to a serving dish, place the fried Acarage on top, garnish with coriander sprig and lemon wedge and sprinkle some red chilli on top.
- Serve hot.
AMAZON SHOP Buy utensils, kitchen accessories and appliances used in this video here - https://www.amazon.in/shop/chefranveer