- 2 cup basmati rice or regular rice- 80% cooked
- ½ tbsp ginger+garlic paste
- 1 cup chopped mix vegetables (carrots, beans, peas, corn) blanched and small dices
- ¼ tsp black pepper or crushed black pepper
- 2 tbsp chopped coriander leaves/dhania patta
- 1 tsp chopped mint leaves/pudina patta
- Whole spices : (1 bay leaf, 1 black cardamom, 2 green cardamom, 3 black peppers, 1 star anise)
- 1tbsp oil
- 1 to 2 tbsp chopped coriander leaves for garnish
- salt as required
- Heat oil a deep non-stick pan, add cumin seeds let them splutter; add the whole spices and sauté. When the turns fragrant, add ginger-garlic paste, salt and sauté for a minute.
- Add the blanched vegetables and saute.
- Add the (80%) cooked rice and mix gently and cover with a lid until the rice is completely cooked.
- Garnish it with freshly chopped coriander. Serve hot.