< Back to Recipes
Coconut Goad Varan नारियल गोड़ वाराणसी (Coconut Sweet Dal)
1 Cup Toor Dal/Arhar Dal
½ Cup Fresh Coconut, grated
1 tbsp Ghee
1 tsp Mustard seeds/Rai
1 tsp Cumin Seeds/Jeera
7-8 Curry leaves
3-4 Green Chilies, slit
1 Cup Tomatoes, chopped
1 tsp Turmeric powder
1 tbsp Gud/jaggery
Salt, to taste
- Rinse the dal and put in pressure cooker. Pour 2 cups of water and cook for 7-8 whistles.
- Put fresh coconut in mixer and blend well. Make a fine paste, add water while blending.
- When the pressure goes off open the cooker and with ladle blend the dal to make batter type consistency.
- Heat ghee in a pan. Add mustard seeds and cumin seeds. When splutter add curry leaves and green chilies.
- Add tomatoes and cook well.
- Add the dal to the pan and mix well.
- Add water as required, turmeric, coconut paste, gud/jaggery and salt. Simmer the dal for 5-10mins.
- Serve hot with rice.