1-2 medium potatoes, peeled and thinly sliced
1 cup gram flour (besan), sieved
1 ½ tbsps rice flour
½ tsp carom seeds (Ajwain)
¼ tsp red chili powder
¼ tsp Turmeric powder
¼ garam masala powder
Pinch of asafoetida/hing
Water as required
Pinch of baking soda (optional)
Salt to taste
1. Make a medium thick batter with all the dry ingredients using sufficient water. Check and adjust the seasoning.
2. Heat oil for frying in a kadai or pan.
3. Dip each potato slice in the batter and place it gently in hot oil. Fry till golden brown and crisp.
4. Drain the Bhajias on paper towels to remove excess oil. Repeat with the remaining batch.
5. Serve hot with fried green chilies and lehsun chutney.