For the Dough
- 1 cup flour / Maida
- ½ tsp sugar
- 1 tbsp oil
- Water as required
For the Stuffing
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 tbsp Garlic, chopped
- 1 tbsp Ginger, chopped
- 1 tbsp Celery, chopped
- 1 cup Mushroom, Chopped
- 1 cup American corn, coarsely chopped
- ½ tsp Sugar
- Salt to taste
- ½ tsp Crushed Black Pepper
- 1 tsp Light soy Sauce
- 1 tsp Chili Sauce
- In a large mixing bowl add the ingredients for the dough and knead it into a soft dough. Cover the dough with a moist cloth and rest for 20 minutes.
- For the stuffing, heat oil in a non-stick pan add chopped ginger, garlic, celery and sauté for a couple of minutes.
- Add the chopped mushrooms and corn; mix well and continue to sauté. Add sugar, salt, crushed black pepper , chili sauce and light soya sauce, continue to mix. Keep on cooking until the mixture is dehydrated and the vegetables are cooked.
- Take dough and divide it into 4 equal parts, shape each part into a long log and further divide the log into 10 small portions. Round up each portion and roll into a thin circle.
- Put a spoonful of prepared stuffing over it, lightly apply some water over the edges and fold it into a half moon shape from the center. Seal the edges without leaving any air gap inside.
- Now using the index finger and thumb of your right hand pleat the edge, Pinch the pleats simultaneously with the other hand.
- Stuff all the momos in the same way and cover with a damp cloth.
- Line your steamer or idli steamer with a banana leaf or cabbage leaf and lightly grease with oil. Place the momos over it.
- Cook for 7-8 minutes.
- Remove & serve