For Frying Idlis
3 tbsp Oil
2 tbsp Oil
1 tsp Mustard seeds
5-6 Curry leaves
½ tsp Hing
1 Onion, chopped
1 Tomato, chopped
½ tsp Turmeric powder
1 tsp Red chilli powder
1 ½ tsp Sambhar masala
Coriander leaves, chopped for garnish
- Heat oil for frying.
- Cut the idlis into quarters and drop them in hot oil for frying. Fry until golden brown and crispy. Remove on an absorbent paper and keep aside.
- In another pan add oil. Add in mustard seeds and curry leaves and let it splutter.
- Add in asafoetida and mix.
- Add chopped onions and sauté them well. Cook until they turn translucent.
- Add in chopped tomatoes and mix. Cook until they turn soft.
- Sprinkle turmeric powder, red chilli powder and mix well.
- Also add in the curry powder masala. Give everything a nice mix.
- Now drop in the fried idli’s and toss them well in the masalas.
- Turn off the flame and garnish with coriander leaves.
- Serve hot.