1-liter Full Fat Milk
1/3 Cup Sugar
8-10 Saffron strands
1 tsp Cardamom Powder
½ Cup Cream
½ Cup Nuts, chopped
- Start boiling milk in a heavy bottom pot. Once boiled, lower the flame and keep on simmer.
- Stir constantly so as it does not stick to the bottom. Scrap the side and keep stirring till it reduces to the half of its original quantity.
- Add sugar and cook for 2-3 mins. Switch off the flame.
- Add cardamom powder, nuts and cream and mix well. Let the mixture come to room temperature.
- Pour in mixture in kulfi moulds or in matkas to make make matka kulfi. Keep in freezer to set overnight.
- To get kulfi out of the mould, rub with your palms, it will get loose and slide out. Garnish with nuts, saffron strands and serve.