4 tbsp yoghurt
3 tbsp oil
½ tbsp baking soda
Salt to taste
1 inch grated ginger
1 tbsp baking powder
1 tbsp mustard seeds
2 green chillies
1 sprig of curry leaves
Chopped coriander for garnish
2 tbsp Carrot pulp
2 tbsp spinach pulp
- In a bowl, mix semolina, yoghurt, grated ginger, salt, 1 tbs oil and mix well.
- Add water to this mixture to form a batter consistency.
- Keep aside for 20 minutes.
- Divide the batter into three separate bowls.
- Add carrot pulp to one bowl and spinach to the other. Mix well.
- Take a loaf tin. Grease it with oil.
- Add water to the steamer and let it boil. Place a stand in it.
- Now add baking soda and baking powder to each bowl and mix.
- Pour the carrot pulp batter in the mould first. Evenly spread it.
- Then pour the plain white batter on top of this. Spread it using a spatula.
- And lastly pour in the spinach batter and spread well.
- Place this mould in the steamer and cover it with the lid.
- Let it cook for 20-25 minutes.
- Once done, turn off the heat and let it cool.
- Meanwhile for the tadka, in a small pan, add oil and let it heat.
- Add curry leaves and mustard seeds. Let them splutter. Then add the slit green chillies and cook till they turn little brown.
- Once the dhokla gets cooled, gently remove it from the mould and pour this hot tadka over it.
- Cut into 1 inch slices and serve hot.